Still with a way to go before completion, I thought I'd treat myself to test print of the progress to date.
- Used Lulu: A5 (5.83 x 8.27 in / 148 x 210 mm), Premium Color, 80# White, Linen Wrap, Matte Cover.
- Colors are vivid! Construction is good (though smyth sewn not an option)
- Content is about complete (70%)
- There are typos (no quality control yet!)
- Feels very different looking the physical book to onscreen or individual print outs, has given me clarity on certain typographic decisions.
- Some background greys are too light (they disappear somewhat and ruin the page structure).
- Not sure about the super white paper, colors look great but makes ink very reflective.
- I didn't allow enough room for trimming, the book is very fat and more was lost than expected
- Small light grey text doesn't print well. I knew this, but still I try!
- Some tints lose too much saturation (will add some color tests to next proto)