Basically, the play-test got a lot bigger then I thought it would. I was initially going to try and cut as much as I can - but I decided that I'd rather keep a steady pace, show you guys how things are going and give you a rule-set that gives you a good idea of where I want to go with all this.
Also I like some stuff too much not to flesh it out. Sure, the sample adventure only includes one potential Colossal Monster (Which is a "bad idea secret boss" sort of thing anyway) but I want to include it anyway.
Anyway, below is the current mock-up of the table of contents, sans page numbers. I want to start releasing chunks of it here on the blog (especially the character creation stuff) soon, so here's hoping.
0) Intro - about the project & packet objectives
1) Basic rules
- Aptitudes (Checks, Saves, Contests)
- Movement and Overland Travel
- Inter-session Actions
2) Character creation (limited)
- Traits and Quirks
- Finishing Touches (Speed, Defense, Etc)
4) Equipment and Other Considerations
- Adventuring Gear
- Minor Techno Relics and Other-World Devices
5) Combat And Conflict
- Hearts and Damage
- Colossal Combat
- Non-Combat Perils
- Recruitment and Persuasion
- Notes on Reputation and Influence
6) GM’s Section
- Adversary Creation
- Magical Artefacts and Major Techno Relics
7) The test module
- Area Layout + Map
- The Crumbling Shrine
- Old Ranch/Tenebrate Encampment
- The Masked Woods
- The Echoing Cavern
- Pola River
- Rogues Gallery (Bestiary and NPC Listings)
8) Feedback form9) Proto character sheet
Also I'd like to talk about what this is going to look like when it's all released. I want there to be a free version of the rules that's still useful, as well as one where at least Grey get's some money for his spectacular art. At the moment, I'm thinking of making a nice, no frills version of the rule book (with everything you need) as a download. Maybe give it a few zine-style sketches here and there? Only time will tell.
As for the one that'll cost money...well, It'll look good, I can guarantee that much.