Wednesday 25 January 2017

Yesterday I...played BREAK!!

In a rare opportunity granted to me by my friend and occasional Podcast partner, Kiel I actually got to sit down and try the game I wrote as a player, rather than a Game Master. It was a great experience, and Kiel took to the rules and setting of BREAK!! well (he's already house-ruling around and mucking with the world, but hey, the game is supposed to be a stretchy like that).

Map by Kiel Chenier (Buy Blood in the Chocolate everyone!)

We explored Rend, a Shard City in the Wistful Dark. Kiel's very own creation! Look at the fancy map he made!

The other players weren't slouches either.

I was joined by Sam Mameli's  Fife Moon, an intrepid Chib Farmer.
Sam, being a fantastic artist himself, made his own sheet
He Shovels. He shovels very well.

Arella (who Kiel and I mentioned in our podcast a few episodes ago) also joined us. Following Sam's lead, she created a custom sheet for her Tenebrate Factotum, Komali.
In a perpetual state of "so done with this"

I showed these to Grey and he was wowed! And then he demanded I do the same.
I obliged, and further demonstrated why Grey is doing the art for this book and I am not.

"Your Hearts need work" Grey says.
My character was actually BREAK!!'s iconic Battle Princess, Mariah. She's looking considerably less detailed here but at least she's in a good mood, I suppose.

The session was quick and fun. Lots of banter between the characters, an encounter with the "Noodle Boys", who may or may not have resembled characters from the 15th iteration of a very popular J-RPG Game, and a battle with a strange, wolfish humanoid. I look forward to continuing next week!

Also we are on Facebook now!

EDIT:
Kiel also sent me a few sketches of the NPC's from the session: Biggle and his missing Biomechanoid buddy, X79.








No comments:

Post a Comment