Tuesday 15 May 2018

Overland Travel Rules. Communicating ideas

At the end of the Overland Travel section (or as an appendix) I want to include an overview of the procedure for quick reference, and to show how the mechanics slot together.

I am investigating 2 formats (in raw form here)

A linear check list.
A process flow.

The checklist is boring but easy to follow.


The flow chart is visually interesting but intimidating (but an interesting exercise!)

Thinking I'll add more visual appeal to the checklist or simplify the flow chart.

2 comments:

  1. I kind of like the +visual appeal to the checklist option myself, but either is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the checklist, and it can be made (slightly) more visually interesting with colourful and oddly-shaped bullet points or the like. While visual aesthetic is important, when it comes to actual rules, ease of use has to be the ultimate deciding factor.

    ReplyDelete