Note: I'm using old (lo-res) images for placeholders on these covers. I fully intended to redraw them!
- Less is more.
- Character as focus for front cover (back of character shown on rear!)
- Colour coded spines.
- Note: I've not finished the rear cover illustrations! Could have some sort of visual gag on the back, which could be a nice touch. A fairy picking a back pocket, a promethean scratching his backside, an amusing tattoo.
- Nod to a core inspiration, NES era videogames.
- Badges for age, number of players to emphasis game-ness.
- Distinctive slant brand (useful to identity break!! compatible products at a glance.)
- Back cover used to promote other related books.
- Full bleed illustrations
Anyways, love to know your thoughts/preferences...
PS Official website is a work-in-progress. Any thoughts on how to 'sell' Break!! would be welcome too! (I quite like Dungeon Worlds stripped back pitch). Please feel free to sign up to the newsletter, which we won't abuse, honest!